UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) mobile application is developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
UMANG application is a Sri Narendra Modi government’s initiative to promote the digital India movement. UMANG provides easy access to a large of Indian government services ranging from – Healthcare, Finance, Education, Housing, Energy, Agriculture, and Transport to even Utility, Employment and Skills, Police, Public Grievance & Revenue, .
UMANG app basically a one stop solution where you install one application to avail multiple government services. UMANG intends to provide major services offered by Central and State Government departments, Local bodies and other utility services from private organizations.
As per the information present in Google Play Key Benefits for Citizens are:
- Single-Point Ubiquitous Access: All government services are available for citizens on a unified platform for easy access through multiple online and offline channels (SMS, email, app, and web).
- More for Less: Only a single mobile app needs to be installed instead of each app of each department.
- Convenience: Citizens do not even need to install or update the app again to avail government services if more services are added to the platform.
- Saving of Time and Money: Citizens can anytime and anywhere avail these services through their mobile phones, desktops, and laptops without any need for visiting the department office and standing in queues.
- Uniform Experience: All the government services including payment-based transactions provide secure and uniform experience.
How to download UMANG Application:
Important FAQs provided in UMANG website are:
What are the security measures used in UMANG?
UMANG uses latest industry standards as security measures such as MPIN and OTP.
Apart from MPIN, an additional layer of security in the form of security question ensures that your UMANG account details are never compromised. Security question is required when you forget your MPIN.
In addition, your profile details are saved in encrypted format in the system so that no one can read these details. Further, you can manage the security settings in the app based on your device requirements. You can go to the Navigation Drawer > Settings > Account Settings to manage your Account settings.
I have lost my handset, what do I do?
You should immediately call toll free number 1800-11-5246 to avoid any misuse of your UMANG account.
Will UMANG provide multilingual support?
Yes, UMANG supports 12 major Indian languages in addition to English.
How many services will be provided by UMANG?
UMANG will provide major government services. The onboarding of different citizen-centric government services on UMANG is envisaged to be a continuous process that will result in increasing the number of such services on UMANG with the passage of time. UMANG is targeted to provide 200 applications with approximately 1200 services by December 2019. The services will be from various government departments of Centre, States, Local bodies and some private utility services.
For more FAQ you can click here.
As per the UMANG website, Services under Central Government are:
- Aadhaar Card – Can view and download aadhaar card from DigiLocker account.
- AICTE (The All India Council for Technical Education) – Can view course, faculty details for AICTE approved institutes/colleges.
- Bharat Bill Pay – Bill can be paid for GAS, Electricity, Water, DTH and Telecom billers.
- Bharat Gas – Can book cylinder and pay online.
- Buyer Seller –mKisan – Can buy, sell agriculture and farming products.
- CBSE – Can view exam results and locate the exam center for all your CBSE board and competitive exams.
- CPGRAMS – Can use this service to Lodge grievances and get status of the lodged application w.r.t government.
- Crop Insurance – Can calculate insurance premium and total insured amount for their crops according to the various schemes introduced by government.
- CRPF – Department user can directly reac out to their UNIT head office via email.
- Digievak – Is a national platform where you can view and apply for Freelance jobs posted by government organisations.
- Directorate of Marketing & Inspection – It allows farmers to check commodity minimum market price in nearby Mandi.
- eMigrate – Can track your application and Emigration clearance status.
- ePathshala – Students can access E-books, teaching instructions, curricular resources, audios and videos.
- EPFO – Services offered in the app are generic search services and employee services.
- eRahi – Provide information such as toll plaza details, toll plaza in map and toll fee details.
- Extension Reforms – Ro locate extension functionaries like Agriculture Technology Manager, Technology Manager and Farmer Friend with respect to state, district, block and panchayat.
- Farm Mechanisation – Can find details of manufacturer and dealers of farm machineries available in State/District/Block.
- Goods & Service Tax Network – Provides GST related IT infrastructure and services.
- HP Gas – Various LPG related services like Book cylinder, pay fee online, see refill history, check subsidy information and request double cylinder connection.
- Indane Gas – Various LPG related services like Book cylinder, see refill history, check subsidy information and request double cylinder connection.
- Jeevan Pramaan – Can generate and view your Life certificate. Service only for pensioners. No need to visit any centre, generate your life certificate on your mobile phone.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan – You can check the admission status, exam results and Kendriya Vidyalaya schools around you.
- Kisan Suvidha – It enables farmers to check weather condition and agriculture advice for their city.
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas – Can view and download subscription voucher of your LPG connection from DigiLocker Account.
- My PAN – Can apply new, modify PAN and track PAN card status.
- National Scholarship Portal – Common portal for implementing various scholarship schemes by Union and State Government across country.
- NPS – Subscriber can browse through account information, change scheme preference, and contribute to subscriber account and much functionality.
- ORS – Online Registration System is a simple appointment App for any government hospital, view lab reports and check blood availability in any government hospital.
- Parivahan Sewa – Sarathi – Can view and download your driving license from DigiLocker Account.
- Parivahan Sewa – Vahan – Can check and download your vehicle registration certificate from Digi Locker.
- Passport Seva – It enables simple, efficient and transparent processes for delivery of passport and related services.
- Pay Income Tax – You can pay taxes like Advance Tax, Self Assessment Tax and other taxes, using challan 280 service and track their challan status service.
- Pensioners’ Portal – Can get information on pension and other retirement benefits of Central Government pensioners/family pensioners.
- Pharma Sahi Daam – Is an online search tool for checking prices of Scheduled/Non-scheduled medicines instantly at the time of purchasing medicines and for searching medicine substitutes.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban – Addresses urban housing shortage among the urban poor including the slum dwellers by ensuring a pucca house to eligible urban poor. Coverage of the mission is statutory towns and notified planning areas.
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana – Can add candidate form for registering interest under the scheme and search candidate application. This is an initiative under skill india campaign launched by PM Narendra Modi.
- Soil Health Card: A soil health card is issued to the farmers that contains crop-wise recommendations of nutrients and fertilizers specific to his land.
As per the UMANG website, Services under Regional are:
- AKPS – Annapurna Krishi Prasaar Seva service for farmers and currently implemented in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana.
- E-Dhara Land Records – User can view their land records of 7/12. 8/12 and 6/12 with respect to their District, Tuluka and village using this service.
- M4agriNEI – Service for farmers, currently implemented in Meghalaya.
- NDMC – New Delhi Municipal Corporation provides citizen-centric services such as Barat Ghar booking, Yellow Fever vaccination and allows to download birth and death certificates.
- Online Job Application System – Track notices, important information and easily download forms for various recruitment exams conducted by Government of Gujarat.
- Revenue Department – Users can track and view status of their certificate application for state of Gujarat.
- Revenue Department – Provides certificates to HP citizens such as Bonafide, Backward Area, OBC, Income, Dogra, Domicile and Caste, Citizens can track status & download issued certificate.
- Revenue & Disaster management department – Provides certificate such as BC, OBC, Special Backward, Income, Residence, Rural Area Residence, Tapriwas, Jaati, Vimukt, Income for education Dogra certificates to Haryana citizens.
- SARAL – Helps citizen of Haryana to track status and view departments and services requested through SARAL portal.
- SSRD – User can view their revenue cases bases on their district registration number, year and case type for state of Gujarat.